Announcing Jim Nutt as VP of Engineering
Starting 2012 with a bang, we’re thrilled to announce that Jim Nutt has joined ClassifiedAds.com as our Vice President of Engineering. Jim will head up our engineering team and focus his attention on recruiting and hiring engineers, introducing greater efficiency to our development process and generally helping us to get more done.
Jim has extensive experience in building and leading dev teams, most recently with Intellectual Ventures, as well as being a coder himself so we’re thrilled to have Jim on board! Check out the press release for more info. UPDATE: also check out the nice post from John Cook over at GeekWire.
We’re committed to “stepping on the gas” in 2012 and this is a significant step in that direction.
Join Our Team!
We have achieved remarkable growth over our short lifespan, and we’re looking for 2012 to be even more explosive. To get there, we need you or someone you know! We have a number of open positions and there will be more coming throughout 2012. We simply can’t hire fast enough to pursue all our big ideas!
So Who Are We?
We are one of the top consumer websites in the Seattle area. Don’t just take our word for it, check out these stats:
Who Are We Looking For?
We offer extraordinary opportunities for talented, driven people. Experience matters, but passion for your work is equally important. We live by the following core values and demand the same from everyone on the team:
- Passion: We love what we do and we strive to be the very best at what we do. Our work is more than just a paycheck, it is part of who we are.
- Individual Responsibility: We believe in holding ourselves and our colleagues accountable. We deliver on our promises. We trust people to use good judgment and to make appropriate decisions.
- Meritocracy: We encourage the open sharing of ideas and vigorous debate. We make decisions based on data and merit, not politics and personal attacks.
- Empowerment: We have the authority to get things done. We take action because we recognize a need, not because we’re told what to do. We make decisions and we move fast.
- Risk Taking: We’re always thinking about how we can improve, we don’t simply accept the status quo. We take calculated risks, learn from our mistakes and grow in our successes.
- No Assholes: We treat people and ideas with respect, we enjoy the people we work with and we succeed as a team.
So Why Join Us?
- Our team consists of crazy-smart engineers, talented marketers and hungry go-getters.
- Our founder is a successful and accomplished entrepreneur, a Top 40 Under 40 in Seattle, an active angel investor, a TechStars mentor and all around brilliant guy (he’s nice too).
- Great office in downtown Bellevue.
- Free soda. Duh!
Sounds good? Check out our open positions or contact us at jobs [AT] classifiedads [DOT] com.
ClassifiedAds.com Included in Inc Top 5000 List
We’re proud to announce that ClassifiedAds.com was included in the 2011 Inc. 500/5000 list of fastest growing companies.
We’re ranked number 920 overall and number 22 in the Media category with a three-year growth of 331%. We’re ranked number 24 among all private companies in the Seattle metropolitan area. It’s an honor to be included with such amazing Washington companies as BuddyTV, DocuSign, Zillow and many others.
Our CEO Honored as a Top 40 Under 40
We’re proud to announce that our CEO Edward Yim was recently named to the Puget Sound Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list. The prestigious “40 Under 40″ awards program recognizes the top Seattle-area business leaders under the age of 40 who excel in their industry and demonstrate dynamic leadership. Check out the press release for more info.
Google +1 Button Now on ClassifiedAds.com
We’re pleased to announce the addition of the recently-launched Google +1 button to ClassifiedAds.com, which enables people to recommend content across the web.
We’re big fans of enabling our users to share and recommend listings on ClassifiedAds.com, so the +1 button now appears on all listing pages.
To better understand how the +1 button will impact your web experience, check out the +1 button page on Google.
We hope you find this new functionality useful. Give it a try!
We’re the No. 5 Startup in Seattle!
Seattle 2.0 recently updated their closely-watched Seattle Startup Index and we’re the number 5 startup in Seattle! The index is computed by taking into account Alexa and Compete data for websites based on the aggregate Reach (unique visitors) of all properties owned by a company.
We’ve maintained a pretty low profile the past few years, heads-down on growing our business and improving our product, but obviously we’re thrilled with this recognition. Our traffic continues to grow, surpassing the 3 million unique visitor mark for May 2011, further underscoring our progress in enabling more and more transactions between people.
2011 has been a busy year for us: we recently completed a rebranding of the website, enabled geo-location, launched an easier to navigate layout, improved search functionality and more. We have a lengthy list of additional enhancements for the balance of 2011 so look for more great things to come!
Welcome to the ClassifiedAds.com blog, and thanks for reading. You may have noticed some changes on the site recently: new page layouts, new category organization and other enhancements to the site. This is all part of our ongoing effort to improve the experience and functionality of ClassifiedAds.com.
As always, please let us know your feedback – good or bad!
In addition to simply being a bit outdated, we did this to be clearer about how we use personal information and to better explain what is and is not allowed on our site. Although there are substantive changes to both documents (please read them!), the overriding goal is to make our policies more transparent and understandable.
We also recently posted a list of items that are not allowed on ClassifiedAds.com, to be clearer about our policy regarding prohibited items. Key parts of this list are copied below:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- Weapons and related items.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and medical device.
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright.
Please review the complete list at ClassifiedAds.com.
As always, please contact our friendly support team if you have questions or comments.
Welcome to the recently-launched ClassifiedAds.com blog!
Long-time users of our site know that we have offered free online classifieds for years. At ClasifiedAds.com, we have a single goal: to make it quick and easy to buy or sell anything. Unlike most other classified ads websites, ClassifiedAds.com is 100% free to use. Free to post an ad, free to browse listings, free to contact sellers.
We put a great deal of time and effort into making the site the best it can be, but we recently came to the conclusion that we could do a better job of communicating and engaging with our users. Hence this blog. We hope to use our blog to communicate with our users, to announce new features and enhancements to the site, and to otherwise shed a little light on the inner workings of ClassifiedAds.com.
Most importantly, we want to hear from our users — good or bad! So please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need help, if you have a suggestion, or if there is anything else on your mind.
Thanks for reading!