Few things are worse than having a pipe burst or a clogged sink and not being able to find a qualified plumber. It’s important to have a plan in place to find a plumber before you actually need one. Follow these steps to find some plumbing help in your area today.
Find Local Recommendations
Start by asking neighbors and friends for recommendations. This is a good place to start since almost everyone has needed a plumber at some point. Finding someone you know who has information for plumbing services means you already have a personal reference regarding the quality and professionalism of that particular plumber.
Quizzlewire states that the best plumbers normally get most of their business through word of mouth. These are obviously the plumbers you want to hire. When getting recommendations from people you know make sure to ask them specifically what type of job the plumber did for them. While most plumbers know the basics, such as unclogging a drain, sometimes they specialize in certain areas.
Search Commercial Directories
There are several online directories that can help you find help in your area. The Better Business Bureau provides information regarding residential and commercial plumbing contractors throughout North America. Business Directories as well as contractor associations in various cities and counties also offer listings for plumbers.
Along with commercial directories, make sure to look at as many online reviews as possible. It’s necessary to look for complaints as well as positive reviews. A good place to check for complaints is with the licensing board in your state. It’s also important to make sure any plumber you hire is licensed in your state. There are normally several different types and levels of plumbing licenses an individual can hold.
Then What? (Don’t Forget These Crucial Tips)
There are several specific steps you need to take after selecting a few plumbers to consider.
- Be Specific – Set out a clear, detailed brief when requesting quotes. Make sure you tell the plumbers or the companies exactly what needs to be done. Get at least three quotes so you can compare.
- Get Detailed Terms – Ask for a written quote, along with start and finish times. Knowing how much a job will cost isn’t enough. You don’t want a plumber who will spend a week doing a job that another company can get done in a day.
- Ask for References – After asking for references, make sure you actually contact them. Have a list of questions ready ahead of time to ask each of the references. It’s important to find out if the plumber has experience in the area you’ll be hiring for. If possible visit some of these previous jobs.
- Use a Written Contract – This is extremely important since a plumber may change the terms after a job has been started without a contract in place. A contract should also include the plumber’s obligation to get all the necessary permits.
- Don’t Pay in Advance – It’s important to only pay for work that’s already been done. Never make advanced payments.
Use our website to do a quick search for a local plumber. You can find a list of reputable contractors or plumbers that work in your particular area in just a few clicks. We have listings for a wide variety of home services, including plumbers.
It’s important to take the time to do the necessary research when plumbing goes wrong. Finding the best plumber can mean the difference between getting the job done right the first time or having more problems down the road. You’ll want a plumber who is licensed, insured and has experience in the specific area that you need assistance. Remember to search ClassifiedAds.com today to find a quality plumber in your area.