A major renovation isn’t always necessary to upgrade the value of your home. Make your home look more expensive – inside and out – with these do-it-yourself tips.
Customize the Kitchen
Kitchen upgrades go a long way in enhancing the value and appearance of your home. A more visually-pleasing space is a few upgrades away.
- Paint the cabinets. If your cabinets are an outdated hue, update them with paint. Invest in a sturdy sander, plenty of primer, and some patience as you give those cabinets new life.
- Update cabinet and drawer hardware. Replace the hardware on your cabinets and drawers for a more on-trend and modern feel. For example, try ditching the classic knobs and replacing them with a nickel or chrome pulls, which will spruce up the space.
In the Household items category of ClassifiedAds.com, you might even find new-to-you hardware that suits your style!
Add a Pop of Color
Identify a small space in your home that could use a face lift, and give it new life with color.
- Introduce a bright color theme to your bedroom. Add a colorful duvet, some decorative pillows, or a tasteful rug. Make sure to pick a solid color and stick to that theme. (It’s easy to overdo it with too many colors and patterns, so keep to a stylish minimum!)
- Bring in art to decorate the walls. Choose one bold piece or a few simple, complementary ones to dress up the rooms. Search pieces from local artists to ensure that your find will be unique and a perfect fit for your home’s personality.
Elevate your Outdoor Scene
You might not be ready to renovate your entire house, but you can create a relaxing retreat by upgrading your outdoor space. A few simple changes will add a luxurious feel to your backyard.
- Improve the landscaping. Whether you’re cleaning up existing planting beds or adding new ones, a well-cared-for lawn creates a welcoming outdoor space. Identify the tools you have on hand to maintain and improve your lawn, and purchase any tools you might need.
- Create a serene retreat in your yard. You might choose to hang a hammock between two towering trees for a reading spot. Perhaps you want to set up an outdoor seating area with cozy patio furniture for relaxing nights under the stars. Whatever your outdoor addition, this upgrade will help you create a resort-style back yard, which upgrades the value of your home.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your outdoor upgrade, consider browsing local estate sales.
A rejuvenated home is possible, even if you’re working with a limited budget. Choosing realistic and affordable projects allows you to enhance your space without breaking the bank. Start by checking out the items for sale on ClassifiedAds.com, where you can discover plenty of high-end treasures to upgrade your home.